Monday, August 22, 2011

I'm Sorry, What?

It's been a truly excellent summer.  I've been living up in Wrigleyville, barely making it from paycheck to paycheck, and for the most part loving every minute of it.  (There were some moments there, let me tell you.)  I've been taking long weekend trips, attending my part-time job as a law clerk, enjoying the rooftop deck that is so much better than the cool thing you have at your apartment and all in all having one of the best semester breaks possible.

And then I had an epiphany.

I have to go back to school in one week.  No more just deciding to take Fridays off.  No more watching 30 Rock late at night, and deciding, "What the hell?  I can just be tired tomorrow."  I'm going to go to school 15 hours a week and work the other 25.  And then I have to somehow find a job, pass the bar, and start paying off these loans.

I am one misstep from the very first panic attack of the school year.

Just.  Hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment